GP Fair Processing Notice
This fair processing notice explains why the practice collects information about you and how that information may be used.
Your data, privacy and the Law. How we use your medical records
- This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record.
- We share some of your data with local out of hours / urgent or emergency care services.
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research.
For more information please read the following Detailed Privacy Notices
Privacy for Summary Care Record
Privacy Notice for CQC
Privacy Notice for Direct Care Emergencies
Privacy Notice for Direct Care
Privacy Notice for Disclosure for the Police
Privacy Notice for Docmail & Imail Ltd
Privacy Notice for Email Messages
Privacy Notice for National Screening Programmes
Privacy Notice for NHS Digital
Privacy Notice for other third parties
Privacy Notice for Patient Online Access
Privacy Notice for Payments
Privacy Notice for Public Health
Privacy Notice for Research
Privacy notice for Risk Stratification
Privacy notice for Safeguarding
Privacy notice for SMS Text Messages
Privacy Notice for the Courts
Privacy Notice for the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
Privacy Notice for the Health Service Ombudsman (HSO)
Privacy Notice NHS Counter Fraud
Privacy Notiice for the General Medical Council (GMC)
FAIR PROCESSING NOTICE - FOR CHILDREN