When booking an appointment please be prepared to be asked the reason for making the appointment as this helps the receptionist to book you in with the clinician most suitable and also to allow them enough time.
You can get health advice from a member of staff online by Clicking Here. Some health queries don't require an appointment - we may prescribe treatment or medication based on the form you've submitted. We'll respond with a text or phone call within 48 hours (Mon-Fri 8am-6:30pm). See the "Online Services" heading above for more information.
If you are using the online booking system Patient Access, please ensure you choose the appropriate clinician to see you by viewing the 'Which Nurse Does What' poster below. Nurses CAN NOT prescribe so only book for the clinics shown. Appointments booked to see the nurse for anything else other than these will be cancelled.
You can also submit an Online Consult (see above) via patient access - Follow the links to Health Advice.
You can book an appointment by Telephoning Reception on 01457 869090 and pressing Option 1.
You can come into surgery and book an appointment at the Reception Desk.
Which Nurse Does What?
- Urgent cases are seen on the day by the on-call doctor/ANP.
- Routine Appointments - if your condition is non-urgent or you would like a routine appointment you can expect to see a GP within two working days, though you may have to wait longer if you want to see a particular GP. If you don’t need an appointment within two working days, you also have the option to book up to 6 weeks in advance.
- Multiple Problems - let us know if you would like to discuss more than one problem during a consultation. We can give you a longer appointment if necessary.
- Family Members - if you have more than one person in the family that needs to be seen, tell us when you’re booking the appointment and we can try to book the appointments one after the other.
- Telephone Consultations - if you can not make it into the surgery or need to talk to a doctor you can book a telephone consultation whereby the doctor will call you within an allotted time frame.
Seven Day Access - Glossop Primary Care Centre
If you need access to GP and Nurse appointments during evenings and weekends you can book an appointment at the Glossop Primary Care Centre (Hyde and Ashton hubs are also available).
You will need to book the appointment through our booking line (option 1). You will have a pre-booked time slot, and the GP/Nurse can access your medical record. GP's can also prescribe and refer as appropriate.
Cancel Your Hospital Appointment Online
If you have a pending hospital appointment at Tameside General Hospital and want to cancel for any reason, rather than waiting in a queue on the telephone to speak to a patient advisor you can cancel it online. It takes less than 2 minutes to complete the cancellation form which will give you the option to either cancel and discharge yourself from the services OR cancel and rearrange your appointment. If you wish to cancel your hospital appointment follow the link below.
Click here to cancel your hospital appointment at Tameside General ONLY: http://www.tamesidehospital.nhs.uk/outpatient-appt-cancelation-form.htm